Ten Top Tips for Sales Success
When you appoint Oscar James you will have Northampton’s best property sales team on your side. Yet a successful sale takes a little joint teamwork. So while every viewing will be accompanied by us, when people arrive make sure you have your home ready to be seen in its best light.
It’s all about First Impressions gaining Second Looks. So here are our Top 10 tips to gain a swift sale at the right price.
1. Parking: If there is no off-road parking, try to ensure there’s a free space outside your property for your viewers when they arrive.
2. The Walk-up: Make sure the approach to the front door looks its best. Put wheelie bins out of sight, tidy-up, cut any grass.
3. Paintwork: Ensure the exterior paintwork, especially around the entrance, is clean and if needed, touched-up.
4. Welcome: When we introduce your viewers, a warm smile will go a long way in making them feel welcome into what could be their new home.
5. Timing: When arranging viewing times, make sure your home is as quiet as it’s going to get and that mealtimes are over and tidied away.
6. Clean & Fresh: Make sure the kitchen and bathroom are spotlessly clean and that there are no lingering cooking aromas… Unless it’s fresh bread or coffee!
7. De-clutter: Open floorspace creates spaciousness. So keep rooms as clear as possible, paying special attention to de-cluttering spare bedrooms and box rooms.
8. Be prepared for viewers to look everywhere! They will want to see inside built-in cupboards and storage spaces and to look at the boiler, heating controls etc. Make sure there is access to any loft space and outbuildings, especially if it’s a second viewing.
9. If there’s a back garden or garage, try to make them look as tended and clear as possible. We all use the shed for storing the patio furniture, BBQ and kid’s garden toys but asking a friendly neighbour to help out with storing them for a couple of weeks is always a good move!
10. Warm, Light & Bright: If there’s one thing that makes a lasting impression, its viewing a home that is comfortable, light and bright. So make sure all rooms are pleasantly warm yet well-aired, have the curtains drawn back, blinds opened with the lights on in the evening.
These are our top tips but do remember, you can always ask our advice on any small improvements that may make a big difference in achieving the best selling price.
At the same time, we could save you money by highlighting any cosmetic outlays you might have planned, that may not necessarily influence the final selling price.